Ruston Community Theatre
Ruston Community Theater was formed December 19, 1977 by a group of local citizens who loved theater and wanted to create an opportunity for the people of Ruston to direct, act, and attend local community productions. When the Dixie Center for the Arts opened its doors in 2006, RCT moved in as a priority partner. Four productions are presented each season.
Box Office Information
CALL or TEXT (318) 595-0872 to get help with ordering tickets. Please leave your name and a brief message on the voice mail for faster response.
Auditions for Descendants
Wednesday, 12/13 at 6:00 pm
Ruston Community Theatre is pleased to announce auditions for the upcoming show Descendants, directed by Tami Alexander, and sponsored by Origin Bank. The musical is based on the Disney Channel movie with book and additional lyrics by Nick Blaemire, music adaptation and vocal arrangement by Madeline Smith, orchestrations and music produced by Mathew Tisler. The show dates will be February 22-25.
Imprisoned on the Isle of the Lost – home of the most infamous villains who ever lived – the teenaged children of Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Jafar, and Cruella De Vil have never ventured off the island... until now. When the four troublemakers are sent to attend prep school alongside the children of beloved Disney heroes, they have a difficult choice to make: should they follow in their parents’ wicked footsteps or learn to be good?
- Mal - Our hero and Maleficent’s daughter. Under her hardened, sarcastic exterior, she has a sense of justice and a heart of gold.
- Evie - The Evil Queen Grimhilde’s daughter. She hides her brilliance behind a superficial, image-obsessed attitude.
- Jay - Jafar’s son—an outwardly arrogant thief. He conceals a strategic, collaborative nature.
- Carlos - Cruella de Vil’s son. Despite a fear of dogs and just about everything else, he has the capacity to be brave and kind.
- Maleficent - The infamous evil fairy. She is a profoundly selfish absentee parent with an unquenchable taste for vengeance.
- Grimhilde - Snow White’s wicked adversary. An aging beauty queen, she is still desperate to be the fairest of them all.
- Jafar - Aladdin’s nemesis. He is a slimy, washed-up crime lord desperate for a way back to the top.
- Cruella de Vil - A Dalmatian-loving dog-snatcher. She is an obsessive, eccentric, and overbearing helicopter mom
- Ben - Son of the Beast and Belle. He is a classically regal, optimistic kid who bears the weight of soon becoming King of Auradon.
- King Beast - Ben’s father and King of Auradon. Royal and rule-driven, he knows a bit about being marginalized.
- Queen Belle - Ben’s mother and Queen of Auradon. Warm, but cautious, she doesn’t understand her son’s generation.
- Fairy Godmother - Headmistress of Auradon Prep. Busy and bubbly, she’ll do anything to keep the school afloat.
- Jane - Fairy Godmother’s daughter. Meek and mousy, but hungry for attention, she’s looking for her moment to shine.
- Chad - Cinderella and Prince Charming’s son. An arrogant and spoiled blockhead, he’s never wanted for anything.
- Audrey - Sleeping Beauty’s daughter. The malicious queen bee of Auradon Prep, she has her eye on the throne.
- Doug - Dopey’s son. Nerdy and sweet, he does all the work that his fellow students don’t want to do.
- Royal Page - Auradonian messenger, enormously nervous.
- Royal Guard - Museum employee, less than vigilant.
- Maurice - Chemistry teacher and Belle’s father. He is kooky and stuck in his ways.
- Coach - Tourney coach, resigned to the team’s mediocrity until meeting a surprise star player.
- Snow White - Red carpet reporter. She is the voice of the masses.
- Ensemble - Roles include: Isle Ensemble (including Smitten Kids 1 & 2), Auradonians
(including Auradonians 1 & 2), Coronation Crowd (including Crowd Members 1, 2 & 3), Auradonian Choir
The audition dates are December 9 at 10 AM, and December 10 at 2 PM, at The MARC (504 E. Georgia). Participants will need to prepare a 45-60 second monologue to recite for memory and prepare 16-20 bars of music to sing. Please bring a recording of the music (bluetooth speaker will be available) or sheet music for the accompanist to play. As there are many dance numbers in this show, there will be a dance portion to the audition. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes you can move around in. Auditions are open to teens ages 13 through young adults up to age 24.
Stay Connected With Us
2023-24 Production Sponsors
We love to hear from You!
P.O. Box 456
Ruston, LA 71273
Meeting and Rehearsal
Center of RCT (MARC)
504 E Georgia Ave
Ruston, LA 71270
Mainstage Productions Location
Dixie Center for the Arts
212 N Vienna St
Ruston, LA 71270
© 2023 Ruston Community Theatre, All rights reserved | Accessibility